Lucy is a single-parent family girl, tall, with ponytails, more introverted, not talking, simple, but lazy, afraid of hardship, no interest in learning, discipline in class, but pay attention The power is not concentrated.
After the first test after school, looking at the child's unsatisfactory results, I made up my mind to help her catch up with the class team. In the beginning, I used various methods to motivate her and praise her, but the educational effect was only three minutes of heat, and the child's learning state returned to the original state the next day.
Later, I tried to talk to her, but no matter how calm my tone was, she always looked down and looked at me silently, making people anxious and annoyed. I think the reason for the child's character formation is also directly related to the family environment. So, I contacted Lucy's mother for the first time.
Initially, I told Lucy's mother about Lucy's school situation. The mother said she would fully cooperate with my work. But after a period of observation, I feel that the results are minimal. When WeChat contacted again, Lucy’s mother always shirked her work, and sometimes even covered Lucy when I gave feedback to my child’s performance.
After several unsuccessful communication, I invited Lucy's mother to have a deep discussion about the child's situation.
In this conversation, after communication, I learned that my mother is a salesperson in a shopping mall, the income is not high, the work shifts, there is no time to accompany and supervise her study. Lucy also has a big four-year-old brother. This single mother has to bear and take care of the lives and expenses of the two children. The life pressure is great, so the temper is also violent. The child does not love or even dare to express, and may also The reason is related.
In order to improve the children, I feel that it is necessary to develop a scientific plan for home-school collaboration. Therefore, under the joint discussion with the parents, a plan to improve the learning status of Lucy was developed:
- Let Lucy know that knowledge is useful at all times.
- the child must do homework, can not be empty, can take the initiative to ask the teacher the next day.
- After returning home, the parents took the initiative to ask the children what they had learned in this day class. Let the child be his own little teacher and repeat the main content of the study.
- Like the school, there is a reward system: after seeing the child's progress, it must be strongly praised and the child will be motivated; if you see the child's shortcomings, you must be euphemistically correct.
- parents must take more time to accompany their children, but also as a child's big friend, let the children have ideas, dare to express. Take the kids out for a weekend on Sundays.
After implementing this plan, I often walked up to her seat and took a moment to specifically talk to her about "talking". Talk to her about who coached her to do her homework, how long it took to write homework, praised her words for getting more and more beautiful, asked her where there are uncertain answers, and went home to her mother or read which text. Where to go for the weekend, and so on.
Gradually, I found that this child who lacks interest in learning has made certain changes: she is no longer sleepy in class, she can listen carefully, and her homework is basically completed as required. She loves to talk, and she likes to be with her classmates after class... We also finally saw Lucy with a little progress every day.
Seeing the child's changes and gradually improving the results, Lucy and my mother are happy, and let Lucy realize the importance of family education and win her trust in me.